Jan 29, 2009

THE UNDERNEATH "The Imp Of The Perverse" (UK, 1986)






The predecessor EP of UNDERNEATH's "LUNATIC DAWN OF THE DISMANTLER" is nothing less than another mysterious KARL BLAKE work... and another unsual el Records release.
Covers of Arthur Brown's "Fire" and Honeycombs's 60`s hit "Have I The Right?"... a tribute song to Black Sabbath ("Black Roots")... and finally some poetry recitation into a noir-industrial atmosphere ("Short Term Agreement").

Special thanks to good friend ANDY for providing the material. Without his generous assistance this post would not have been done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this! I requested it back when you posted some other KB/SHP & "LDotD" and I was fortunate enough to find a Japanese 3 inch CD reissue on ebay that just happened to arrive today. It's much more melodic than I anticipated, and your effort to honor my request is very much appreciated. You have an excellent blog that I check frequently...BRAVO!!

Anonymous said...

+1 for the comment of doc kwan... Thank you very much for your effort, indeed. Wonderful to find your blog in the blogosphere!

ROOKSBY said...

Fantastic! Thanks...